Thursday, January 19, 2012

I Thought; I Pray

I thought I could go a day without you,
The day was short and the sun never rose…
I thought I could make my world without you…
The world was small with no highs, only lows.

I thought life could be easy but it only got harder
I thought I could erase you and continue on my path
As I thought, I thought, I thought…you only got farther
It was as if my heart cut right in half, in half, in half…

I lived with a smile on, but no one ever knew…
About the pain behind it and the broken heart too.
The pain was large, but there was nothing I could do.
It wouldn’t go away; my heart was longing for you.

But still I pray for your happiness and your well-being
You deserve the best and all God’s riches is what I am still believing

No comments:

Post a Comment